Wednesday 8 May 2013

Cheerleader Flashback - Bulldog's Belle: Elicia

It's time to take another little walk down memory lane and shine a spotlight on a very beautiful & kind hearted Canterbury Bulldogs Belle of yesteryear - Elicia.

Elicia knew from an early age that she wanted to become a Bulldogs Cheerleader and when the opportunity finally arose she went on to spend 6 NRL seasons on the sidelines supporting the boys in blue and white. Being able to combine her passion for dance and her love of the Canterbury Bulldogs made cheerleading an absolute perfect match for her and many of her fellow team mates. 

To add to the wonderful web of NRL cheerleaders in my Family - I in fact grew up with the lovely Elicia as her Dad's brother, Jon, married my crazy fun Aunty Monique (Jon & Mon - its catchy huh?) You following?! haha. So after watching Elicia go on to take the field and enjoy so many fabulous moments being apart of the Bulldogs club it inspired me to want to create my own memories within the NRL - and the rest is history.

Below Elicia gives us an in sight into her time on the sidelines and some of the special memories she made over the 6 years she spent within the NRL.

xx


I've been a Bulldogs supporter since dancing at half time in the Bulldogs v Manly Grand Final in 1995 when I was 10 years old. When my dance teacher Sandra Fleeton got the contract for the Bulldogs Cheergirls and the opportunity came up to audition, I jumped at the chance.

Id started dancing at 3 years old with Sandra Fleeton Productions (now 'Dance It') and continued performing up until around 6 years ago - I miss it so much!!


Belles with Director Sandra Fleeton

The Bulldogs fans were amazing to perform in front of and are such passionate supporters who always turn up in large numbers to support their team. They made game day such an exciting experience as we always knew  we would be performing in front of thousands of fans each home game!

Kristie, Elicia, Amber
The 2004 season definitely stands out as a memorable year as the Dogs were winning most of their games which gave us so many opportunities to cheer and dance at various functions. The year was topped off with the Grand Final win which was such an amazing night to be apart of!


Filming a Subway Ad with Sonny-Bill Willams
Dancing in the "Cheermania Show"
Performing on the Footy Show
Robyn, Elicia & Amber
I decided to hang up my Pom Poms to focus on my mobile kids party entertainment business and I now also have a children's play centre in Earlwood where I spend most of my time these days. Club Kids is an indoor kids play centre and Cafe that offers both kids and adults a chance to enjoy their time, together! We pride ourselves in offering the best indoor play centre for your kids to engage in fun and learning activities in a specially created environment that is not only warm and safe but also enhances and stimulates creativity and curiosity in a child.
Entertaining the kids at Club Kids
Club Kids Earlwood
I've also been lucky enough to find myself a wonderful husband, we have done a bit of travelling together and now look forward to all the special moments that lay ahead for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment