Tuesday 22 May 2012

Cheerleader Spotlight: Amy P


 
This week we welcome a new section to the site highlighting ladies from within each squad, sharing some of their special memories and photo's of their time cheerleading at their respective clubs.

We kick off the "Cheerleader Spotlight" with Manly Seabird, Amy P - who is also featured in Big league this week as one half of the Manly duo competing for the title of Big League Cheerleader of the Year.


Name
Amy P

Years as a cheerleader
This is my 4th year with the Manly Seabirds

Why did you want to become a NRL cheerleader?
I grew up going to the Manly games with family and friends and I always watched the girls on the field and wanted to do what they did. I thought that they looked amazing and that it looked like so much fun!

­­­

What is your favourite part of being a cheerleader?
I love performing – there is something about being on the field in front of a crowd and dancing that is just so exciting.. But my favourite thing would have to be getting to know all the girls and the fun friendships that we have developed.



Most memorable moment as a cheerleader - on or off the field?
Most memorable moment was the 2011 grandfinal! It felt so special to be able to be on the field and cheering for Manly. The atmosphere was amazing and I had such a fun time.

 
What's it like having your sister on the squad?
I love having my younger sister Chloe on the squad! This is Chloe's rookie season as a Seabird and as we are both such busy people, it is something that we can do and share together.


Any funny memories or mishaps while cheerleading?
When we accidently set off the smoke alarms at Brookvale Oval after a game!!

What are you studying at Uni?
I am currently at Uni studying Pharmacy – and I absolutely love it. I have previously completed a degree in exercise science as well.

How do you balance your uni/work/ and cheerleading commitments?
It is sometimes a little bit hard to do this but I find cheerleading a great outlet. Any cheerleading commitments are always fun and I find after, I am more motivated to do uni work. 

  
What makes the Manly Seabirds squad so special to be apart of?
Our coach Monique always has new and exciting ideas and surprises for us along the way within the season that all make me feel a part of the squad. My Team Mates are amazing people to be around and all the hard work we put in is matched with a whole lot of laughing.


Explain what it was like to audition for the very first time?
I was so nervous to audition!! I didn’t know what to expect. When I turned up I saw everyone there and became even more nervous as they were all stunning girls and amazing dancers. Once the audition process started, Monique explained what the day was about. Everyone was so lovely and nervous as well so this made it a little better too. 


How would you best describe your cheerleading coach/director and how have they inspired you?
Monique is an absolute inspiration to me and I know that I can speak for the whole squad. She is so passionate about what she does and makes cheerleading such a special experience for all of us. I feel so extremely lucky to have her as a coach, she really cares about our squad and you can tell from all the hard work and effort that she puts in!


Where do you see yourself in say 10 years time?
In 10 years time I would like to have travelled and seen different places from all around the world. Hopefully i would have started a family and be helping run the family pharmacy business.

 

Images courtesy of the Manly Seabirds Photographers - Josh Carroll & Matt Harriss
Manly Seabirds Facebook Page -Click here to Like It Now

 

* If would you would like to be featured as a "Cheerleader Spotlight" - please contact me at pompompaparazzi@hotmail.com - it would be wonderful to be able to showcase memories and favourite images from girls from all over the NRL. Hayley xx

No comments:

Post a Comment