Friday 23 May 2014

Little Bunnies for "Little EDGE"...

"Little Edge" Designer and Founder Kate McMillan
with her partner, Rabbitohs Lock, Ben Lowe & their little boy Brayden
It's always fun to mix things up here on my blog and so to continue the theme of "Women in League" I wanted to highlight a success story happening over at the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

(Im warning you too.. brace yourself for some cuuuuuteness overload!!)

Kate McMillan is the talented partner of Rabbitoh's prop, Ben Lowe, and is the designer/creator of the trendy new childrens label "Little EDGE Apparel". The brand recently celebrated it's 1st birthday and with the most adorable of Rugby League touches, most of the scrumptious little models you see wearing the edgy clothes are in fact the children of a number of the South Sydney players.



Having recently launched her third collection "Brooklyn Bandits" the fashion savvy Mum is only getting started and hopes to crack the international market in the near future.

Thanks to Kate - the South Sydney Rabbitohs who don't have an official Cheer Squad - still have the most well dressed, uber trendy and cute as pie little cheer squad up in the stands each game!

What does it mean to be a "Woman in League" to you?
Kate: To me, it means supporting my partner and being there for him at all times. My son and I go along to the games whenever we can, cooking the right meals at home, letting him get that extra sleep when he needs it, little things like that really make a difference! When your so close to someone who plays the game and you watch what they put their bodies through - its pretty inspiring. Also, there's a great bunch of girls at Souths. I've made life long friends at this club and we see each other on a weekly basis - not just at the games. The girls are awesome and to have each others support when the boys are away is amazing.

What was your inspiration for starting the "Little Edge" label?
Kate: My inspiration would have to be my son, Brayden. I've always been into kids fashion but when he was born, I actually realised how big my passion was! To see kids wearing my gear is also a huge inspiration. Its pretty surreal being at the park and seeing a kid running around in something you designed! Souths have been awesome for Little Edge. To start off with , 3 of the models are actually kids of the players, these mums have been by my side since day one and always happy to give up their time for photoshoots. We've had interviews in the paper with the boys and their kids, the coach is always saying to me if there's anything I need to let him know etc. Im very lucky. The souths family & the boys have all been so helpful and supportive in my first year of Little Edge and I look forward to seeing what the future holds!

How to find Little EDGE Apparel?
Website: Little EDGE
Instagram: @liledgeapparel

Proud "God Mother" moment: This is my little god son Malakai
(I cannot lay claim to his prowess in front of the camera - his mother is a natural born poser!)
haha!!

Kate's adorable mini model Brayden

No comments:

Post a Comment