Friday 15 March 2013

storm cheerleader spotlight...


SAM
1. What is your most memorable game?
Well it’s only the beginning of the season so I’ll go with something a little different. The 2009 Rugby 7’s World cup Final in Dubai when the Aussie Girls won Yay!! I was cheerleading at the tournament, the whole week was an incredible experience filled with great memories but to see the Aussies bring it home was so fantastic! A great bunch of girls!

2. What is the best thing about your team’s fans?
Their willingness to wear purple ha! Kidding! Their Loyalty & Passion! I was in a gym in Perth last week &there were guys wearing Storm branded shorts and shirts as they trained…. other side of the country and still supporting proudly!

3. What valuable experience have you received from being a cheerleader?
It’s an amazing experience being on the sidelines for some of the most incredible sporting achievements that our country has seen, but I have also learned the importance of teamwork & that you can make a little girls day by being friendly, having a photo with them & letting them shake your pompoms!! The simple things!

4. Who would be captain of your ultimate team, and why?
Cameron Smith! Because he had already had 5 years experience as the Captain of the Ultimate team! Ha! See what I did there!

5. One thing your team-mates don't know about you?
I can do an oil change on my own car! I’m a grease monkey & country bumpkin at heart!

6. What is your first memory of NRL?
Being from Perth we’re AFL is the dominant sport my first memory would have been quite recent! Watching a State of Origin match with some friends from QLD!! Great atmosphere QLD won!

7. What song best describes you and why?
“I was here” BeyoncĂ© & “I do not hook up” Kelly Clarkson They both literally describes my personality, morals, values & attitudes as if I wrote them myself!

8. Which team do your family & friends support?
It was Manly Sea Eagles but I have converted them to Mighty Melbourne Storm!

9. Why did you get into Cheerleading?
I got in to cheerleading because I am a sports nut!! So Cheerleading combines my love of performing and watching high level sports! Perfect!

10. What is your most prized possession?
Family and Boyfriend! Priceless!
Perth’s Beaches…Stunning.
My MacBook filled with good music
Foxtel Sports channel accompanied with my doona &
My balcony actually!...It’s got a great view and I Just love being out on it! Imagine if I could have all of them at once!!

11. If you could interview one person who would it be? What question would you ask them?
Brian Tanaka- BeyoncĂ©’s Dance Captain.
Question… “Where shall we go for our first date?!” Ha! My celebrity crush! …Ladies You Tube him immediately!
OR
Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton
Question…What was it like “meeting the family” for the first time?! Because in normal life once you get to know your partner’s family you can kind of be yourself around them but it would be slightly different I imagine having The Queen as your new boyfriend’s Nan!

12. Who is your favourite current NRL player?
Cooper Cronk

13. When I’m not cheerleading I’m…?
Dancing, teaching dancing, singing to myself everywhere & anywhere like a mad woman or studying. Also going out for food!! Me and my partner LOVE eating good food and finding new restaurants and cafes!

14. Favourite weekend hang-out spot?
St Kilda! There’s such a variety of things to do depending on my mood and of course the weather!

15. What is your favourite all-time movie?
Any of the Harry Potters!! Geek alert here! Otherwise Bad Boys 1 & 2 or Step Brothers can’t choose!

16. How much training goes into preparing a routine for game day?
I train my body every day by running, taking dance classes, weight training and eating right but routines we train once a week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment